By Jerome Neu
Read Online or Download A Tear Is an Intellectual Thing: The Meanings of Emotion (Medicine) PDF
Similar metaphysics books
“Reality is adventure, and adventure is reality,” says Hawaiian shaman Serge King, conversing of Huna, the esoteric culture during which he used to be reared. King emphasizes that every one folks have the capacity to shift from one international to a different. the adaptation is that shamans do it purposefully, whereas the remainder of us are ignorant of it.
Even though the significance of Francisco Suárez has been commonly well-known, the broader context of his concept continues to be principally unexplored. This number of papers, geared toward puttinghisphilosophy into context, could be of worth not only to Suárez students, yet to somebody attracted to the intricacies of metaphysical concept on the verge of modernity.
The Quantum of rationalization advances a daring new idea of ways clarification needs to be understood in philosophical and cosmological inquiries. utilizing an entire interpretation of Alfred North Whitehead’s philosophical and mathematical writings and an interpretive constitution that's basically new, Auxier and Herstein argue that Whitehead hasn't ever been correctly understood, nor has the intensity and breadth of his contribution to the human look for wisdom been assimilated through his successors.
Time’s mysteries appear to withstand comprehension and what is still, as soon as the time-honored metaphors are stripped away, can stretch even the main profound thinker. In Of Time and Lamentation, Raymond Tallis rises to this problem and explores the character and that means of time and the way top to appreciate it.
- Wittgenstein on Internal and External Relations: Tracing all the Connections (Bloomsbury Research in Analytic Philosophy)
- The Importance of Time: Proceedings of the Philosophy of Time Society, 1995-2000 (Philosophical Studies Series)
- The Physicist and the Philosopher: Einstein, Bergson, and the Debate That Changed Our Understanding of Time
- God and the Philosophers
- The Science of the Individual: Leibniz's Ontology of Individual Substance: 6 (Topoi Library)
- Gegenstandstheorie und Theorie der Intentionalität bei Alexius Meinong (Phaenomenologica) (German Edition)
Additional info for A Tear Is an Intellectual Thing: The Meanings of Emotion (Medicine)
A Tear Is an Intellectual Thing: The Meanings of Emotion (Medicine) by Jerome Neu